Saturday, May 31, 2014

What's up?

I have not fallen overboard or been lost in the African jungle or eaten by a lion, or attacked by wild hogs.  I am still alive and doing alright.

It has been very busy here on the Africa Mercy as we are gearing up to sail for the Canary Islands. It is a 14+/- day sail from Pointe-Noire, Congo - Brazzaville, to Las Palmas, Canary Islands(Spain). We leave in a few days, and since we have been docked for 10 months, there is a lot to be done in order for us to sail.  Don't worry though, we have a crack team of engineers, deck hands, and able seamen to get us underway!

We will be in the Islands for roughly 2 months for maintenance and repairs.

So, what does this have to do with Tierah?  Well, I am glad you asked.  I have been promoted to Head Receptionist(Department head), and I have a team of 6 people under my guidance and leadership (they are a pretty great team actually).   However, my time as Head Receptionist will be a relativity short assignment in comparison to how long I have already served with Mercy Ships.

Now that you know what is going on right now, I want to let you know what will be to come, Lord willing. I have been asked to stay on with Mercy Ships for another year, and I said yes.  However, before you start to fret and before your heart breaks, this does mean that I will be home early...as in July...for the family reunion...and Edisto.

My job for next year is Hospital Project Assistant.  Which means I will be helping the local hospitals with their education programs.  What that will actually look like, we aren't sure yet, but we are excited and have ideas and are ready to help!




No comments:

Post a Comment