Monday, January 13, 2014

Ca-va?

  "Ca-va?" "Ca-va." (this is a typical greeting in French here. "You good?" "Yeah, I'm good.")

 Well, the holidays are over and the ship has gone back to normal mostly.  People are still walking around saying happy new year, but other than that the Africa Mercy has rung in the new year and we are on our way in 2014.
   I said my first really hard goodbye this week.  My boss and his family headed back to the States Wednesday, that was a tough day.  His children were some of the coolest kids ever!  But I'm excited for their journey to begin back home.
   That's the neat thing about being on the ship, when people leave you miss them, but you know Jesus has some amazing plans for them wherever they are going and that helps the goodbyes hurt less; not to much but its helps me to smile through the heartache.
   I'm about to have an entire switch over of roommates in the next few weeks.  By the end of January there will only be one girl left in my cabin that has been here as long as me.  She actually got here a few days after I did, but its basically we've been here the same amount of time.  And right now she will be here for three more months, maybe longer!
  Today is Ultimate Frisbee day...one of my favorite days of the week.  Frisbee Friday and Football/soccer Wednesdays!  We play with the locals on Wednesday, and this past Wednesday....I scored!!!! The first time in my adult life that I have scored a goal in soccer! I don't think I ever scored in my non-adult life either actually...
  I went to the beach on New Year's Eve with some friends, it was beautiful.  I mean, when I think of the beach I think beautiful, but the beach that is right next to the ship has trash and glass all over it so its more like a landfill than a beach.  But this place had clean sand!
  


Anyway, the red clay and the clean sand, and the warm water with waves that don't make you feel like you are in a washing making on the spin cycle, were all apart of making my New Year's Eve wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Glorious!

    Way to go Sis!

    Jealous of your Ultimate Frisbee day! hahaha sounds like you're doing WONDERFULLY!

    ReplyDelete