I work from 2300-0700; which isn't all that bad. I enjoy the quiet and the time alone. I know it might be difficult to believe, but its kinda hard to find a quiet place alone on a ship with 300 other people. Especially when there are 9 other girls living in the same room as I am, talk about personal space invasion!
And speaking of 300 other people, I never thought I would introduce myself so many times in such a small period of time. I'm not kidding when I say I introduce myself to someone or someone is introduced to me every time I eat a meal or go to work. The turn over of people here is about that of the common house fly (watch the movie Epic, that last statement is even funnier after seeing that movie).
I find myself missing family tonight though, its a perfect night for a campfire and it reminds me of our nights at Boggs Creek, or those bonfires at Camp Hope. Its about 1:00am here and there isn't a lot of movement, the security guards are up, but they work 24/7; its nice knowing that they are always looking out for us. Our security team consist of Gurkahs from Nepal, and our head security officer used to run security for state prisons, so they take really good care of us.
I've been fully trained for work and I made rank, so that means I now have epaulets and I can work by myself. Also, working night shift means I can call home! I mean I can call home normally, but this way its free and at normal hours of the day for them. Its a win-win for me.
I'm getting a little tired so I'm going to cut this one short. I'll talk more about work on my next post. I've gotta go do some pushups to get the blood pumping into my veins!
Blessings!!
Oh! I almost forgot! Here is my address:
For letters:
Tierah Ellard
C/O Mercy Ships - M/V Africa Mercy
POB # 2020
Lindale, TX 75771
For Packages: (Which would be SO lovely, but aren't expected)
Same as above, but write CONTAINER ONLY on it please
And for those of you who have asked about supporting me, thank you, and here is the link as promised.
http://mercyships-us.
You look like a BOSS, both in that metaphorical way of pure awesome and the literal meaning.
ReplyDelete